Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunk Alert using Splunk ITSI Notable Event - Creating a Service Now Incident

t_splunk_d
Path Finder

In Splunk Enterprise I have alerts. Now I want to create Servicenow incidents by adding the alert action using ITSI Notable Events.

Following are my questions:

1. Whether the above approach is doable ( assuming that all required apps are in-place and configurations complete and working)
  2. Is it possible to create an incident by sending all the ServiceNow field's value? Is this out of the box? I am sure it is not. Because I can only see few basic fields.
  3. What needs to be done to pass all the values to ServiceNow? I want to populate all the field's values in a ServiceNow incident. Do i need to change the .py (not able to remember the name)?

The existing Splunk alert has all the values (including resolution etc.). Currently it is a manual effort of copy and paste in the ServiceNow incident which I want to automate.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...