Splunk Enterprise Security

Is there a way to create custom use case categories within ES?

plimon
Explorer

Hello,

Is there a way to create custom use case categories within the use case library for ES?
The out-of-the-box categories look fairly rigid:
Abuse, Adversary Tactics, Best Practices, Cloud Security, Compliance, Malware, Vulnerability, etc.

Some SOC users are asking if this is possible without doing crazy XML file changes.

0 Karma
1 Solution

lakshman239
Influencer

I believe if you create your custom searches with categories in local/analytic_stories.conf and analyticsstories.conf [ try to mimic same pattern as in default] and supplement with related savedsearches/correlationsearches.conf, the dashboards should be able to use them.

Additionally, you can also send feedback via the app for them to take a note and advise.

View solution in original post

lakshman239
Influencer

I believe if you create your custom searches with categories in local/analytic_stories.conf and analyticsstories.conf [ try to mimic same pattern as in default] and supplement with related savedsearches/correlationsearches.conf, the dashboards should be able to use them.

Additionally, you can also send feedback via the app for them to take a note and advise.

plimon
Explorer

Hey Lakshman,

Thanks for the feedback. I was able to create a custom category through editing those two.conf files related to analytic stories. I also requested a future enhancement to app developers.

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

Glad it helped.Pls accept if you are satisfied to close this thread.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...