Splunk Enterprise Security

Input Lookup: Compare previous version of input lookup to current version using SPL

regarza
Engager

Is there currently a capability in Splunk that will allow us search and compare the previous version of an input lookup to the current version of the input lookup to identify what has changed between the two?  In search is there a parameter we can pass the  input lookup command to specify the version what we want to evaluate?  

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The simple answer is no - however, you could include a version number in your lookup, or a modified date as a new field, or every time you update it you save the old copy to a different lookup. Essentially, Splunk can only find information that you choose to keep.

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The simple answer is no - however, you could include a version number in your lookup, or a modified date as a new field, or every time you update it you save the old copy to a different lookup. Essentially, Splunk can only find information that you choose to keep.

regarza
Engager

Thanks for commenting on my scenario, that is the same conclusion that I came to, but was hoping to find a way around it.  

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Another walkaround is to collect the lookup data to an index before overwriting it with another "release". Then you can do a normal search against your indexed data.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...