Splunk Enterprise Security

How to use a heavy forwarder to collect asset and identity information for Splunk Enterprise Security on Splunk Cloud?

jgorman_THG
Explorer

HI!

I'm following the following directions to try and set up assets and identities for Splunk Enterprise Security on Splunk Cloud through a heavy forwarder.

https://www.hurricanelabs.com/blog/gathering-ldap-identity-data-with-splunk-cloud

The instructions say to set up a saved search on the Heavy Forwarder and have it populate a summary index. However, I am unable to schedule searches on the Heavy Forwarder and get the message:

The search scheduler is disabled by
the license Splunk is using. Scheduled
searches that populate a summary index
were found, but they will not be
executed. This might affect dashboard
panels that depend on the summary
index.
[!/help?location=learnmore.license.features
Learn more]

Does anyone have any tips on what I am missing?

Thanks,

JG

0 Karma

amir_ma
Loves-to-Learn

Hi I am using free trial of splunk I am dealing with this problem too with universal or heavy forwarder and I can't even open a ticket.

splunk.pngsearch_head.png

Thanks

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Open a ticket with Support, and explain what you are trying to do. They will get you a 1mb license that enables the deployment server and other enterprise features. (These are available for 30 days after installing, but then rolls to limited license.)

*NEW* Splunk Love Promo!
Snag a $25 Visa Gift Card for Giving Your Review!

It's another Splunk Love Special! For a limited time, you can review one of our select Splunk products through Gartner Peer Insights and receive a $25 Visa gift card!

Review:

Or Learn More in Our Blog >>