Splunk Enterprise Security

How to add "open in search button" for notable events?

CSmoke
Path Finder

When viewing notable events on the Incident Review Dashboard, there is a link named Correlation Search.
The link opens the standard screen to edit the search.

Would it be possible to add the magnifying glass icon next to this link so that users can open the search without cutting and pasting the query?

0 Karma

Azerty728
Path Finder

Hello,

You can also create a Workflow Action, which can open the search. The Workflow action will appear at the end of the notable line in Incident Review, under "Actions" column.

My 2 cents

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @CSmoke,

As far as you are using Splunk ES dashboard it is not recommended to make any changes in the dashboard. But if you want to do it you will require to change XML dashboard code to add that magnifying glass icon and also require to add JS code to act on-click event on the icon and collect the search and open new tab with search.

CSmoke
Path Finder

My post was more of a feature request than a question. It is something I would like Splunk to add.

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you are having Splunk Enterprise licence than you can at least make a feature request through Splunk support team.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...