Splunk Enterprise Security

How to View License Usage from Search Head?

TJT
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Is there a way to view license usage from the Splunk search head? I'm on Splunk 9.0.3.

I've attempted to forward license_usage.log to the Splunk indexer and directly to the Splunk search head from the manager node. The file seems to forward however the contents are replaced with a message stating the information is only viewable from the manager node. Another possibility is license_usage.log is generated by default on both the indexer and search head so it only looks as though the log is being forwarded. 

Due to the way our Splunk deployment is distributed, I need to have the web interface disabled on the manager node so simply logging into the manager node web interface is not an option. To reiterate the question above, is there a way to view licensing information (either through search or monitoring console) from the Splunk search head?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

spodda01da
Path Finder

You can use the following on Search Head:

index=_internal source=*license_usage.log type=Usage pool=* | eval _time=strftime(_time,"%m-%d-%y") | stats sum(b) as ub by _time | eval ub=round(ub/1024/1024/1024,3) | eval _time=strptime(_time,"%m-%d-%y") | sort _time | eval _time=strftime(_time,"%m-%d-%y") | rename _time as Date ub as "Daily License Quota Used"

You can define the "Date Range" to get daily usage.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...