Splunk Enterprise Security

FireEye App Compatibility with ESS

jaoui
Path Finder

Is the FireEye app compatible with ESS?
I have both deployed but there is some overlap between the TA-FireEye that comes with ESS and the FireEye app in splunkbase

It looks to me that the only thing missing from the FireEye app are the tags but I'd appreciate a second opinion

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend
0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

They're expected not to conflict, but they serve different purposes. The TA models FireEye data to the common information model, which is necessary for using it in ES or pivoting in data models. The FireEye app is more about quick visualization of FireEye specific metrics, very useful for understanding what data is being gathered in a more specific context.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...