Splunk Enterprise Security

Equivalence between QRadar Event Category and Splunk

SIEMStudent
Path Finder

Hi everybody.

Currently, we have a task which involve QRadar correlation rules translation to SPlunk ones.
The Splunk rules will be used in a Splunk Enterprise Security environment.

The big issue we are facing is the following: we got some elements in QRadar for what is not clear if we have a corresponding element in SPlunk. One of this is the event category: the QRadar definition of this element is the following one:

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/qsip/7.4?topic=administration-event-categories

In a nutshell, this mechanism categorize the events in high level category which contains lover/more specific category. For example, we have the macro category Malware wich contains Backdor, Spyware and so on.

So, my question is: have we, in Splunk, a similar mechanis?

For example, in a QRadar rule I may have, between the filters, "when the event category for the event is one of the following: Potential Exploit.Potential Botnet Connection" ; how can I check this in SPlunk?
If there is not a mechanism to automatize this and we have to set this check manually, what could be the best way to got the category?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...