Splunk Enterprise Security

Enterprise Security: How to add swimlanes of custom sourcetypes to Identity Investigator dashboard?

joshuamcqueen
Path Finder

Hey Splunkers,

Our securty team really likes the Identity Investigator dashboard. Only things is -- it would be GREAT to add a few more swimlanes of custom sourcetypes (for example, our DNS, Proxy...etc).

I see you can edit, remove, rename the default sourcetypes, but is there anyway to add a new one?

Looked at the code underneath and everything seems pretty hard-coded. Is there a best-practices approach?

Thanks!

1 Solution

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, if you make a new saved search with the right arguments and matching the naming convention, it will work. To see some some examples, try

find . -name savedsearches.conf | xargs grep Swimlane\] | grep -v Installer | grep -v old

View solution in original post

LukeMurphey
Champion

If you are using ES 3.1 or later, then you can use the editor to make a new swimlane with whatever content you want. Go to "Configure" > "Custom Searches" > "New".

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

On ES 4.0+ , the same is now available as part of 'Configure->Content Management-> New '

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, if you make a new saved search with the right arguments and matching the naming convention, it will work. To see some some examples, try

find . -name savedsearches.conf | xargs grep Swimlane\] | grep -v Installer | grep -v old

joshuamcqueen
Path Finder

VERY Helpful. Would have never figured this out on my own.
Thank you for showing me this example. I'll work on implementing this soon -- provide more information, questions as they come up.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...