Splunk Enterprise Security

Datamodel Child object not accelerated

MattibergB
Path Finder

We created a child object within the authentication datamodel.
The authentication datamodel is accelerated, when searching the data using summariesonly=t we get data from the root and other childs but not from the child that we created. If we do not use summariesonly=t then we do see data.

As a test i cloned the entire authentication datamodel and accelerated it and then i am able to use summariesonly=t.

What we have tried:
- Rebuild the original authentication datamodel
- Clone the datamodel (works)
- Remove the child object and add it again.

The search we are using:

| tstats summariesonly=t count from datamodel=Authentication_test where nodename=Authentication.Login_Interactive

The only difference i can find is that the original datamodel is in Splunk_SA_CIM and the cloned datamodel is in SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite. If anyone has an idea how to get the child element accelerated in the original authentication model i would be a happy splunker.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...