Splunk Enterprise Security

Compare Notables (Index) vs Investigations

cachexploit
Explorer

I want to show how many ES Notables were opened in the last 30 days and how many investigations were opened on a line chart.  I can get the notable Index over the last 30 days, no problem but how do I add in the `investigations` to the same line chart?

Here is the query I am using for the notables

index=notable |bucket _time span=day |stats count by _time

0 Karma

lkutch_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

cachexploit
Explorer

I have reviewed these and I am trying to combine them in ONE chart.  More of a ROI for Splunk Enterprise.  I want to show on a line chart (or a similar visualization) how many notables are created by ES and how many investigations we start (and eventually show how many we close).

This is basically what I am trying to combine...

index=notable |bucket _time span=day |stats count by _time

AND

| `investigations` earliest="-30d@h" latest="now" | `get_realname(creator)` | fieldformat create_time=strftime(create_time, "%c") | `uitime("mod_time")` | eval _time=create_time, id=title | `investigation_get_current_status` | `investigation_get_collaborator_count` | eval _time=create_time | timechart span=1d count by creator_realname

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...