Splunk Enterprise Security

Analytic Story: Domain Account Discovery With Net App?

Araton71
Observer

I'm a newbe and I try to configure Security Essential to search "net user /DOMAIN"  discovery on my  AD server.

I've installed an UniversalForwarder into AD with sysmon and configured input.conf with following entries

[WinEventLog://Security]
checkpointInterval = 5
current_only = 0
disabled = 0
start_from = oldest

[WinEventLog://Microsoft-Windows-Sysmon/Operational]
checkpointInterval = 5
current_only = 0
disabled = 0
start_from = oldest

If I run a simple search using index=* "net.exe" AND " user*" AND "*/do*" 

I get result from source WinEventLog:Microsoft-Windows-Sysmon/Operational

while If I use Analytic Story: Domain Account Discovery With Net App  that use datamodel Endpoint, no events returned. It seems that event in data model are only from source WinEventLog:Security

What I miss ?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

SinghK
Builder

I think you need to configure and accelerate the relevant datamodels in splunk for that. Settings-->datamodels.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.4/Knowledge/Aboutdatamodels  look at this as well.

0 Karma

Araton71
Observer

Datamodel Endpoint has data inside, but it seems that only from security logs not from sysmon. How can implement?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...