Splunk Enterprise Security

Adding an Azure sign in field to Splunk ES authentication data model

jwalzerpitt
Influencer

We recently started to ingest Microsoft's Azure sign-in events and one thing I've noticed are some values from the clientAppUsed field throws off the Geographically Improbable Access Detected alert.

I stopped the acceleration on the Authentication data model so I could go in and see if I could add the field clientAppUsed, but it's not coming up a field to be added (using the 'Add Auto-Extracted Field' option).

If I run a search on index=azuread the clientAppUsed field is parsed automatically, but it seems to not present itself within the Authentication data model.

How can I add the clientAppUsed field in the Authentication data model so I can then work to filter some values out to fix the false positives in the Geographically Improbable Access Detected alert?

Thx

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...