Splunk Enterprise Security

Add Notable Event to an ES Investigation using the API

dsofoulis
Path Finder

I would like to have an investigation created with a notable event recorded in there using the API.

I've been trying to achieve this by adding a notable event to an ES investigation using the API. 

So far I have been able to create an investigation and then add an artifact to it using the API.

Next step I need to complete is to insert a notable event into an ES investigation using the API. 

Alternatively if its possible to create an investigation from a notable using the API then I would also be happy with that option.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@dsofoulis - You can use "Investigation Event" endpoint from "Investigation API", it should be very similar to how you are adding Artifact.

Here is the full reference - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/7.3.1/API/InvestigationAPIreference

VatsalJagani_0-1715668423897.png

I hope this helps!!! Kindly upvote if it does!!!

0 Karma

dsofoulis
Path Finder

Yeah that’s the document I’ve been following. I’ve tried many different combinations and so far nothing has worked.

are you able to share the correct api query to use?

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have not personally tried this API, but based on API Doc, you can try and then ask follow up question based on errors it is generating.

Or you can even create Splunk Support ticket if something is not working as described in the Doc.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...