Splunk Dev

app TA-eStreamer's "splencore.sh test" got Import Error: undefined symbol: SSL_state

juakashi

I install Splunk on Ubuntu and installed Splunk app called Cisco eStreamer client. How can I fix the issue?

I configure Cisco Firepower Management Center and Splunk according to this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEXM5PVkvH8&t=104s&ab_channel=CiscoSecureFirewall

I got an error:
root@platform-dns:/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-eStreamer/bin/encore# ../splencore.sh test
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./estreamer/preflight.py", line 33, in <module>
import estreamer.crossprocesslogging
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-eStreamer/bin/encore/estreamer/__init__.py", line 27, in <module>
from estreamer.connection import Connection
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-eStreamer/bin/encore/estreamer/connection.py", line 23, in <module>
import ssl
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/ssl.py", line 98, in <module>
import _ssl # if we can't import it, let the error propagate
ImportError: /opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/lib-dynload/_ssl.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so: undefined symbol: SSL_state

0 Karma

bookenist
Loves-to-Learn

@juakashi  before executing the ./splencore.sh test command
You need to make a couple of
export SPLUNK_HOME=/opt/splunk
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/splunk/lib

After that you can continue Validate & Test the Connection

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@juakashi - Please check the following things:

• Ensure you have the latest version of the Add-on.
  • Ensure you put the certificate as described and in the described path.
  • Ensure the certificate file permissions are proper. (chmod) 600 for public cert files and 400 for private key files.
  • Ensure the environment paths are set properly as described in the video.

I hope this helps!! Kindly upvote if it does!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...