Splunk Dev

Why AppInspect error appears to say an app isn't in Splunkbase, when it is?

SarahFrenchHC
Engager

Hi Team, 

I help manage the Terraform Cloud for Splunk app and after v2.37.0 of the AppInspect CLI was released we're seeing this test failure:

FAILURE: check_for_updates property found in [package] stanza is 
            set to True for private app not uploaded to Splunkbase. It should be 
            set to False for private apps not uploaded to Splunkbase. File: 
            default/app.conf Line Number: 15 

I find this message confusing, as the app is published in Splunkbase. I don't want to disable checks for updates unnecessarily.

Could I please get some help understanding how to address this error? Or help me figure out if I'm misunderstanding something? Thanks!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

SarahFrenchHC
Engager

This problem appears to have been resolved. The confusing AppInspect test error I described before was returned when using AppInspect 2.37.0, but now I see some patch releases have been made and the test passes when using AppInspect 2.37.2.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

SarahFrenchHC
Engager

This problem appears to have been resolved. The confusing AppInspect test error I described before was returned when using AppInspect 2.37.0, but now I see some patch releases have been made and the test passes when using AppInspect 2.37.2.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...