Splunk Dev

Why AppInspect error appears to say an app isn't in Splunkbase, when it is?

SarahFrenchHC
Engager

Hi Team, 

I help manage the Terraform Cloud for Splunk app and after v2.37.0 of the AppInspect CLI was released we're seeing this test failure:

FAILURE: check_for_updates property found in [package] stanza is 
            set to True for private app not uploaded to Splunkbase. It should be 
            set to False for private apps not uploaded to Splunkbase. File: 
            default/app.conf Line Number: 15 

I find this message confusing, as the app is published in Splunkbase. I don't want to disable checks for updates unnecessarily.

Could I please get some help understanding how to address this error? Or help me figure out if I'm misunderstanding something? Thanks!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

SarahFrenchHC
Engager

This problem appears to have been resolved. The confusing AppInspect test error I described before was returned when using AppInspect 2.37.0, but now I see some patch releases have been made and the test passes when using AppInspect 2.37.2.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

SarahFrenchHC
Engager

This problem appears to have been resolved. The confusing AppInspect test error I described before was returned when using AppInspect 2.37.0, but now I see some patch releases have been made and the test passes when using AppInspect 2.37.2.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...