Splunk Dev

Querying in Node.js

hassaanalich296

I am trying to query and manipulate results of Splunk searches using node. I am using the oneshotSearch however, as I understand it isn't a function hence, it doesn't return anything and therefore, I am unable to access the updated values my global variable that I manipulate within the function. The question then is, how do I access the variables results outside service.oneshotSearch

var Splunk_2 = [{"Verification Code" : '', "Verification Number" : ''}]

// Run a oneshot search that returns the job's results
service.oneshotSearch(
    searchQuery,
    searchParams,
    function query_result (err, results) {
        // Display the results
        var rawIndex = results.fields.indexOf("_raw");                            
        // Print out each result and the key-value pairs we want
        for (var i = 0; i < results.rows.length; i++) {
           Splunk_2.push({"Verification Code": JSON.parse(results.rows[i][rawIndex]).data.message_body,
                         "Verification Number": JSON.parse(results.rows[i][rawIndex]).data.phone
        });
      }                           
   }
);

Labels (4)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...