Splunk Dev

Menu bar is is not visible when using django framework example

tomschoute
Explorer

I am following example: 1. Create an app and add a page template from the django tutorial on the splunk site to create an app.

I've created my app but if I go there there is no top splunk navigation bar (after the splunk> the "app menu - Administrator - Messages - Settings - activity - Help" are all not shown)
Also the Home and app name are not visible in the grey area just below the black top splunk menu (on the page1.html page that I created following the instructions on above mentioned page).
What is causing this? What do I miss?

Only difference I can see so far is that I have a slightly different URL in my splunk: there is a /en-us/ in my URL which is not in the one which is used on the splunk example page.

Can anyone please help me out here? I'm trying to evaluate if a splunk app might be something which is of interest for my customers. But I get stuck on the first step...

Tags (2)
0 Karma

tomschoute
Explorer

[httpServer]

defines the stylesheet relative URL to apply to default Atom feeds;

set to 'none' to not write out xsl-stylesheet directive

atomFeedStylesheet = /static/atom.xsl

max-age = 3600
follow-symlinks = false

reject web accesses over 800MB in length

max_content_length = 838860800

When HTTP client streams data to HTTP server, server will timeout write operation after

streamInWriteTimeout seconds if it cannot make write progress.

streamInWriteTimeout = 5

acceptFrom = *

Automatically tune these limits:

maxThreads = 0
maxSockets = 0

forceHttp10 = auto
crossOriginSharingPolicy =
x_frame_options_sameorigin = true
allowBasicAuth = true
basicAuthRealm = /splunk
allowCookieAuth = true
cookieAuthHttpOnly = true
cookieAuthSecure = true
allowEmbedTokenAuth = true
dedicatedIoThreads = 0

0 Karma

tomschoute
Explorer

sorry about the format, not sure what went wrong. Just copy/pasted from text file

0 Karma

vganjare
Builder

This looks ok. What about stanza [mimetype-extension-map]? Can you please share the configuration?

0 Karma

tomschoute
Explorer

[mimetype-extension-map]
gif = image/gif
html = text/html
htm = text/html
jpg = image/jpg
png = image/png
txt = text/plain
xml = text/xml
xsl = text/xml

0 Karma

vganjare
Builder
0 Karma

tomschoute
Explorer

I don't really know how to try those solutions.
I did stumble into below section in web.conf:

override MIME type for JSON data

If this is set to True, the splunkweb appserver will serve up JSON data with

a content-type of "text/plain; charset=UTF-8". This keeps it compatible with previous versions of Splunk.

If this is set to False, the content-type will be "application/json; charset=UTF-8" as is standard.

In a future version of Splunk, this default will change so that the standard content-type

is used consistently between splunkweb endpoints and splunkd endpoints accessed through proxy

override_JSON_MIME_type_with_text_plain = True

Which looked like it has something to do with my issue but after creating a web.conf in $SPLUNKHOME\etc\system\local, change the entry to False and restarting splunk I still have the same issue....

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...