Splunk Dev

Is it expected : Workflow action visible under action for notable events on incident review on enterprise security

ekta_dravid
  1. I had a add-on created with prefix TA-XYZ(having Adaptive response action) and one app say "ABC", which has workflow action defined.
  2. When I merged TA-XYZ code to ABC I am now seeing the workflow actions under actions for notable events in incident review page as well.
  3. I don't want my workflow actions to be visible under incident review on enterprise security. Is there any way to disable them on incident review ?

Note - While merging I renamed ABC to TA-ABC as i was not able to see Adaptive response action created in the merged code and after renaming ABC to TA-ABC I was able to see my adaptive response action.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This is kludgey but you can add a hidden field like _indextime to your workflow_action (you don't need to actually use it; just require it to be present) and then make sure that your incidents do not have this field (actually I am pretty sure that they will not).

0 Karma

ekta_dravid

One more point to add I updated the permission form Global" to "App only". But still the actions are visible under Enterprise Security.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Try _bumping.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...