Splunk Dev

Installing Pandas in Splunk custom application

vengisa
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi all,

i am creating a custom app which require PYTHON - Pandas module. 

Can you please let me know how i can install pandas on Splunk enterprise and leverage that on my custom application. 

will this cause any issue on the splunk overall? 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Firstly - you should incorporate all that's needed for an app within an app. So a user that installs an app doesn't have to fiddle with manually resolving dependencies and making os-level changes.

Of course it's not always possible, often for licensing reasons, but that's the good practice and the goal you should be striving for.

Secondly - see https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/developapps/createapps/appanatomy/#Considerations-for-Python-...

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...