Splunk Dev

How to query only stats using Spunk Java SDK

tuandinh

Hi Community,

I'm using Splunk Java SDK in my application, this version to be exact:

implementation group: 'com.splunk', name: 'splunk', version: '1.6.5.0'

In the app, I'm trying to get some stats on a metric from Splunk logs. 
Here's the native search command in Splunk

`myapp` "Message of interest" | eventstats min(metricOfInterest) as ft_min max(metricOfInterest) as ft_max avg(metricOfInterest) as ft_avg stdev(metricOfInterest) as ft_stdev | fields ft_min, ft_max, ft_avg, ft_stdev

So this query would return a bunch of events and 4 additional fields  ft_min, ft_max, ft_avg, ft_stdev for each event. For the sake of the conversation, let's say there's 200 events matched the search.

In my app, the `SplunkResponse` contains 200 Map<String, Object>, each map represents an event.

What I want is a single entry that contains only `ft_min, ft_max, ft_avg, ft_stdev`. Right now, I can extract it from an event (among those 200),  but having all events is too verbose and unnecessary.  Is this achievable by twisting the query or using a particular SDK API ?

Thanks,
Tuan

Labels (2)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@tuandinh - You need to use stats command instead of eventstats.

`myapp` "Message of interest" | stats min(metricOfInterest) as ft_min max(metricOfInterest) as ft_max avg(metricOfInterest) as ft_avg stdev(metricOfInterest) as ft_stdev | fields ft_min, ft_max, ft_avg, ft_stdev

I hope this helps!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...