Splunk Dev

How to print to "output: testing enviroment" in Splunk Add-on Builder using Python Input?

Edward1234
Engager

I am stuck. I am using the Splunk Add-on Builder with a Python data input and I want to print my variables that are set in "Data Input Definition" area to the "output" area. I can't get anything to print. Not even "print("HELLO")" will show up. I tried the logging functions and they don't work.

I have a text data input called "splunk_hec_url".

In " def collect_events" I have this:

print("testing")
    splunk_hec_url_ID= helper.get_arg('splunk_hec_url')
    print(splunk_hec_url_ID)

When I click "test", nothing shows up in the output section. What am I doing wrong? How do I get anything to print to the output section? I tried "helper.log_info("log message")" and that doesn't show up either.

Labels (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...