Splunk Dev

How to import an addon with .spl or Splunkbase .tgz to Splunk using Linux?

helpdeskrtvnoor

Hello,

I am trying to manually import the .spl file of a Splunk addon called 'Windows Event Log Analysis', the file has been provided on the EventID website here: http://www.eventid . net/splunk_addon.asp

I also tried downloading the addon from the Splunkbase, this provides me with a .tgz file that contains quite a bigger amount of files.
This download can be found here: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3067/

My question is, how would I import either of these files into my Splunk installation on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) ?

The reason I am trying to import the addon manually is that for some reason the Splunk Apps browser refuses my Splunk credentials, when a regular login to the Splunk.com with the same credentials does actually work.

Thank you 🙂

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gmjATredjack
Engager

The answer looks like this (inside a docker container running the free enterprise version)

sudo -u splunk /opt/splunk/bin/splunk install app ./splunk-machine-learning-toolkit_500.tgz -update 1

See

$ splunk help install

niketn
Legend

@helpdeskrtvnoord, if you have downloaded .tgz file you can use Install App From File option to install the App/Add On. Directly browsing to Splunkbase for installation might be blocked at enterprise level. Have you tried Install App from File option?

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...