Splunk Dev

How to download splunk python package

any
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm using script interface for custom REST endpoints, and it uses:

from splunk.persistconn.application import PersistentServerConnectionApplication

I understand it's a package inside splunk enterprise, but is there a chance it is uploaded to PyPI?
0 Karma

marnall
Builder

There does not seem to be such a package on PyPi. It seems to be only implemented in Splunk Enterprise. Is there a reason you are trying to use it outside of Splunk Enterprise?

any
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm trying to write some test, but to import the Class we could not bypass

from splunk.persistconn.application import PersistantServerApplication
0 Karma

marnall
Builder

Does the test require you to run that Python library outside of Splunk Enterprise?

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@marnall  - No external library. Splunk ships this Splunk Python module built in.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...