Splunk Dev

How do I upgrade Python requests module shipped with Splunk Enterprise?

splunk_mkhan
Explorer

I am using Python requests module in my Splunk app Python scripts. For third party ssl certificate, I am getting [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:676) issue because Splunk enterprise shipped with an older version of the requests module.

Is there any way to update Splunk's shipped request module from version 2.3.0 to a version greater than 2.9.

Note: Splunk enterprise ship requests 2.3.0

0 Karma

badarsebard
Communicator

I've recently released a new app called PyDen on Splunkbase which lets a developer create Python virtual environments of varying versions (2.7, 3.5 - 3.7) that can be used to execute custom instead of the built-in Python Splunk uses. The app also provides the ability to install packages from PyPI to the environments, allowing you to use any versions and libraries you need to.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi splunk_mkhan,

you can always load additional python modules from your app for example if the Splunk provided module is too old. Find an example here https://github.com/splunk/splunk-sdk-python/blob/master/examples/dashboard/feed.py

It is not recommended to upgrade any modules provided by Splunk for various reasons.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...