Splunk Data Stream Processor

Splunk Stream on single instance deployment (Linux) in a Windows environment

adamsmith47
Communicator

We have a very small test enviroment, with a single instance Splunk server (running on Linux) and a handful of Windows servers with UFs installed.

I'm attempting to use Splunk Stream to monitor NIC traffic on the Windows UFs. Following the Splunk Stream docs precisely is confusing (and in many cases just wrong). https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/StreamApp/7.4.0/DeployStreamApp/AboutSplunkStream

I'm at the point I want to use the Splunk server's deployment server functionality to distribute the Splunk_TA_stream to the Windows UFs, but I'm confused on how to properly configure the Splunk_TA_stream app before deploying it. (Docs say, Splunk_TA_stream will be installed in SPLUNK_HOME/etc/deployment-apps preconfigured... this is certainly not true in my case.)

I'm at a loss of how to configure Splunk_TA_stream before deploying it (via deployment server) to the Windows UFs.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Improve Your Security Posture

Watch NowImprove Your Security PostureCustomers are at the center of everything we do at Splunk and security ...

Maximize the Value from Microsoft Defender with Splunk

Watch NowJoin Splunk and Sens Consulting for this Security Edition Tech TalkWho should attend:  Security ...

This Week's Community Digest - Splunk Community Happenings [6.27.22]

Get the latest news and updates from the Splunk Community here! News From Splunk Answers ✍️ Splunk Answers is ...