Splunk Cloud Platform

How to add aria-label for input type (dropdown)

knanaiah001
Explorer

After doing testing using Site improve(accessibility checker ) I am facing this issue and also Splunk is not allowing aria-label in the label field also we are using" Splunk cloud" instance 
Below suggestion I get from site improve :
" Text areas should always have a description that is explicitly associated with the area to make sure that users of assistive technologies will also know what the area is for.

If the text area has a visible description indicating the purpose of the area, this description should be explicitly associated to the text area either as a HTML label or using the WAI-ARIA attribute aria-labelled by.

If it is not possible to add a visible description, either add a mouseover text ('title' attribute) to the text area or create an invisible label using the WAI-ARIA attribute 'aria-label'.  "

below way i have tried, but i get warning -Unknown attribute "for" for node "label"

<input type="dropdown" token="id" id="search">
<label for="search">Search with ID</label>
and also this way ,warning -Unknown attribute "aria-label" for node "input"
<input type="dropdown" token="id" aria-label="search">
I get warnings for both.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this issue ?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

efavreau
Motivator

@knanaiah001There aren't a lot of options to do that in simplexml, which is doing the coding for you. You'll want to go to HTML if this is very important to you. https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/developapps/visualizedata/convertsimplexml/  

I have the following, I used for an image I have in a dashboard with simple xml, using a span tag:

<panel>
<title>Test Panel - Image</title>
<html>
<div class="foo"/>
<span role="img" aria-label="foo"/>
<!-- this span is as close as we can get to alt text for accessibility -->
</html>
</panel>

I can't cite my source, because I don't remember.

HTH! Good Luck!

###

If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.
0 Karma

knanaiah001
Explorer

Hi @efavreau ,
Thank you for the response!
 I tried using  <span role="checkbox" aria-label="foo"/>
But no luck : (
any other way to achieve this?

0 Karma

efavreau
Motivator

@knanaiah001 Not that I'm aware of. If it's critical, convert it. Or maybe get professional services involved.

###

If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.

knanaiah001
Explorer

Thank you @efavreau for the response !

0 Karma

knanaiah001
Explorer

Can someone suggest on this?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...