Splunk Cloud Platform

bind9 queries log with Splunk free and ML, can we do that?

blason16

Hi there,

I have bind9 server and current daily file size is around 40 MB hence wondering if I can use Splunk free along with splunk ML app?

TIA
Blason R

Tags (2)
0 Karma

cbastashutterfl
Explorer

Hi Blason,

If you want to use this for development use or personal use for testing or just using splunk on your own, you can apply for a developer license (50GB/day). It is free but the license will expire after 6 months I believe when you'll just have to renew it.

Otherwise if you know for sure your bind log file will stay under 50MB then yes you can use the free version.

0 Karma

blason

OK - Sorry for late response.

So yes this for personal use but wondering if I can use Machine learning with Splunk Free? Is ML freely available with Splunk Free or do I need to pay license fees?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...