Splunk Cloud Platform

Which Add On Pulls Active Directory Logs to Splunk Cloud?

mthirumalareddy
Explorer

Hi All,

I want to pull AD logs to Splunk Cloud. I see some source about Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows 6.0.0 and above which pulls the AD logs and another Add-on also does the same thing. I am confused. Can you point me in the right direction? 

Thanks In Advance.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you mean collecting logs from your on-prem AD infrastructure, use the https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/742/ addon (the current version is 8.4, not 6.0 😉 and either pull events directly from domain controllers or use WEF in your domain to set up a separate log collector machine and pull the events from there.

0 Karma

mthirumalareddy
Explorer

While configuration, it is asking for the AD details, I can provide that but is there any way to pull only certain event logs to Splunk directly from the app instead of any forwarder? 

I am using Splunk Cloud for this task. 

TIA

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm not sure what you mean by "While configuration, it is asking for the AD details". The TA for windows does not use any UI-based configuration so you must be talking about another app.

Furthermore I don't understand the "pull only certain event logs to Splunk directly from the app instead of any forwarder".  If you're using Splunk Cloud and want to use a modular input you need an external Heavy Forwarder if I remember correctly (I'm not a cloud user myself).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...