Splunk Cloud Platform

Splunk external lookup data viewable only in Search and Reporting

SplunkExplorer
Communicator

Hi Splunkers, for our customer we need to populate an external lookup. We are on a Splunk SaaS env.
A colleague has developed a simple app to achieve this purpose. After some test, the lookup seems to be populated fine.
Our current problem is: if we use this lookup in a search executed from Search and Reporting app, it return expected results. No issue, no missing data. But, if we try from another app able to execute a search (I mean, with search function available), on the same data set and time range, output is empty. We suspect it's related to a permission problem (may be the app has no permission to write on underlying file system, due we are in a cloud env?),  but we are not sure. Moreover, even if we are right how could be fix the issue? 

0 Karma

tej57
Communicator

Hey @SplunkExplorer ,

As you mentioned, it indeed is a permission issue. The lookup might be created within the search app context and the permission might not be shared to access the lookup within different app context. You can update the permission of the KO to be shared globally and it should resolve your concern.

tej57_0-1714399453834.png

Thanks,
Tejas.

---

If the above solution helps, an upvote is appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...