Splunk Cloud Platform

Splunk Visual Exporter app

cmezao
Engager

Hello 

We received an alert from the Upgrade Readiness App about this app not being compatible with Python 3.

This app appears to be an internal Splunk app. Does anyone know anything about it?

Splunk Cloud version: 9.1.2312.103

cmezao_0-1712195046649.png

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bpenn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Splunk Visual Exporter notifications generated by the Upgrade Readiness App are false positives, meaning, it is safe to dismiss the app from the scanning process. I confirmed this with our Splunk Support team, apologies for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

bpenn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Splunk Visual Exporter notifications generated by the Upgrade Readiness App are false positives, meaning, it is safe to dismiss the app from the scanning process. I confirmed this with our Splunk Support team, apologies for the inconvenience.

tdsan1

Hello, yes, it seems I have run into the same problem as well. It says it is using Python v2 as opposed to version 3. 

tdsan1_0-1713173221793.png

It gives two options, 1 to remove the application called Splunk Visual Exporter or update Python to version 3. Since this is a SaaS service, this is usually handled by the vendor (Splunk) since we don't manage the backend. Is there a way to update the existing application to a higher version, not sure if by removing the application we break something.

Todd

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@cmezao - I feel Upgrade Readiness App warnings nowadays generate errors from the internal App as well. I personally feel it's safe to ignore.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...