Splunk Cloud Platform

Splunk Cloud Private App Installed but command not found?

comswing
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I uploaded the Splunk Cloud private app, the app validation and installation went well, but it doesn't work properly with a command not found error.

Below is a simple my app setup, with a simple command setup and a Python script exists in [app directory]/bin.

* Splunk Cloud Uploaded apps(sucessfully installed)

comswing_2-1684727616683.png

* commands.conf

[kk]
filename = test_kaggle.py
python.version = python3
chunked = true

[kkh]
filename = test_sphec.py
python.version = python3
chunked = true

[kks]
filename = test_spsyn.py
python.version = python3
chunked = true

It was confirmed that it works normally in Splunk Enterprise.
So, I compared Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Cloud.
When I view objects in Splunk App Management,
Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Cloud appear differently as shown below.

* My app in Splunk Enterprise

comswing_0-1684727081881.png

* My app in Splunk Cloud

comswing_1-1684727241144.png

To further check, I downloaded the Config Explorer app from splunkbase and installed it on sklunk Enterprise and Splunk Cloud,
respectively, and compared them. It also installed and ran fine on Splunk Enterprise.
In the skunk cloud, the installation went well, but in the object view, It didn't work as it appeared different.

* Config Explorer in Splunk Enterprise
comswing_3-1684727692151.png

* Config Explorer in Splunk Cloud
(There are no configurations)

comswing_4-1684727717359.png

Config explorer also works in Splunk Enterprise as shown in the image below, but does not work in Splunk Cloud. Is there a separate setting when installing from Splunk Cloud?

* Config Explorer in Splunk Enterprise

comswing_0-1684728530508.png

* Config Explorer in Splunk Cloud

comswing_1-1684728712636.png

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

tej57
Communicator

Hey @comswing ,

Can you please elaborate on what issue you are facing with commands.conf and what do these Python scripts perform? From the screenshots attached, it seems that the command is present with global permissions and is accessible.

For the concern on Config Explorer, it isn't supported to be installed on the SplunkCloud platform. Please refer to the compatibility section to check the supported platforms in the screenshot below:

tej57_0-1684814751136.png

0 Karma

comswing
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Thank you.

When I run the "| kk " command in the search text edit box, commands not found occur.
I can't seem to find test_kaggle.py in commands.conf.
So, while checking various things, I compared it with the enterprise, and there is a difference in the view objects page like the screenshot above, and I asked what effect it had.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...