Splunk Cloud Platform

Splunk Cloud License question

MarceloI

Greetings Community!

I have a question regarding the Splunk Cloud License (classic), particularly when the license expires. 

- Is there a message informing the license is about to expire?

- After the expiration date, is there any grace period provided?

- In case I decide to not renew the license, are we able somehow to download the company data before its total removal? Or after my license is expired I lose all indexed data?

Thanks in advance any information on this matter.

Kind Regards,

Marcelo

Labels (1)
0 Karma

_JP
Contributor

This is a good resource page:  Splunk Cloud Platform Service Details - Splunk Documentation

- Is there a message informing the license is about to expire?

You can view information about your license entitlements.  Here's the docs that explain that for Splunk Cloud.

- After the expiration date, is there any grace period provided?

Assume no, but open a support ticket and work with your account manager on this situation.

- In case I decide to not renew the license, are we able somehow to download the company data before its total removal? Or after my license is expired I lose all indexed data?

Per the page under Data Handling, retrieving your data is suggested to be a Splunk Professional Services engagement, which often can mean "this is kinda hard if you're new to Splunk."  

If you require your ingested data to be moved into your control before the termination of your subscription, this is accomplished through a Splunk Professional Services engagement. Some data can be moved into your control by enabling Dynamic Data Self-Storage to export your aged data to your Amazon S3 or Google Cloud Storage account in the same region

There are data egress notes on that page, too, and this page details getting your data out of your Splunk Cloud envirnment using Dynamic Data Self Storage (DDSS).  You could technically "age out" your data to your own S3 buckets, for example.

This also could be a good discussion for the #splunk_cloud channel on the splunk-usergroups.slack.com workspace.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...