Splunk Cloud Platform

JSON Parsing issues

samneo
Path Finder

Im sending a large payload of JSON data to splunk (1000 events) over HEC but when it reaches splunk it does not split the event and thinks its just 1 large event. The JSON is valid but its to do with the first part of the JSON thats the issue. It shows as per the below:

{
"expand": "schema,names",
"startAt": 0,
"maxResults": 50,
"total": 1253,
"issues": [

If i remove this manually and then the correlating bottom brackets and send manually, all the events are parsed individually. 

The second problem i have is that we are on managed splunk cloud so i dont have access to props.conf to amend the line breaker. Can anyone suggest any other way round this?

Im using spyder python as the middle man to send the load and also testing with postman? 

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you modify the payload with your middleman? If not, can you use spath to extract the issues array into a multi value field and then mvexpand to separate them into different events?

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

there could be issue with event format.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...