Splunk Cloud Platform

How to send data from Microsoft Windows AD to Splunk Cloud?

SplunkExplorer
Contributor

Hi Splunkers, I could have the following scenario to implement: a SplunkCloud platform that must receive data from some data sources, with at least an HF (but they could be 2 or more).

Between data sources, there are Windows Acive Directory servers and, of course, I have to send data to Splunk. I don't know if this data will be routeed to HF or directly to Splunk Cloud, but this is not important now.
The focal point is: it is very likely that we will not be able to install UF on those servers, for policy contraints. So, we will have to senda data from AD to Splunk in a agentless manner; what are the possible way to achieve this? And which ones could be the best ones?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

SplunkExplorer
Contributor

Solved by myself: Splunk is able to use WMI to achieve this result.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

SplunkExplorer
Contributor

Solved by myself: Splunk is able to use WMI to achieve this result.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...