Splunk Cloud Platform

How to Audit Splunk User Activities?

keperez

Dear Splunk Community,

I have tried somehow to monitor user activities with Splunk. Through the documentation I found that I can analyze it through index=_audit, however, in these records there are activities that I have not carried out directly.

For example, if I apply the query: "index=_audit user=my.user | stats count by user,action" in the last 24 hours, the result will show actions like: edit_local_apps, search, list_workload_pools, list_health, quota, edit_roles, edit_roles_grantable, etc. And of those, the only activity that I performed directly was "search".

Perhaps you know how to discriminate from all the audited actions those that I carried out directly?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Celebrate CX Day with Splunk: Take our interactive quiz, join our LinkedIn Live ...

Today and every day, Splunk celebrates the importance of customer experience throughout our product, ...

How to Get Started with Splunk Data Management Pipeline Builders (Edge Processor & ...

If you want to gain full control over your growing data volumes, check out Splunk’s Data Management pipeline ...

Out of the Box to Up And Running - Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud ...

Tech Talk Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud Environment Register    Out of the Box to Up And Running ...