Splunk Cloud Platform

Error in Observability Cloud Service Jump Start Guided Example

stwong
Communicator

Hello,

We're having trial of Splunk Observability Cloud Service.   We tried to deploy the integration guided example (the Hipster Shop app).     Data graph can be seen in APM and Infrastructure, but got error in all RUM dashboards:

request to http://rum-api-service.o11y-rum/api/rum/v3/node-metrics failed, reason: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND rum-api-service.o11y-rum

I’m afraid if I defined those RUM related environment variables incorrectly during the deployment:

RUM_REALM=jp0

RUM_AUTH=<RUM token>

RUM_APP_NAME=Hipster_Shop                                               ß arbitrary

RUM_ENVIRONMENT=Hipster_Shop_Jump_Start              ß arbitrary

As we haven't bought the service yet, can't submit support ticket to Splunk support...

Would anyone please help?

Thanks and Regards

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...