Splunk Cloud Platform

Dynamically compute success percentage based on value every 5 mins

msrama5
Explorer

Hello, I wrote the following query which calculates success percentage based on  expected 1 value every 5 mins which is 288 per day, but when it is less than a day or roll over multiple days , I need to compute the success percentage dynamically computing the expected values based on the duration divided by 5 mins and compute  success percentages, how can this be done , below is the query for 24 hrs values. Need to change dynamically based on duration so number divided will change every time

earliest = -24h index=error_log  | eventstats count as Success_Count by "Properties.QueryName" | eval Success_Percentage=round(Success_Count/288*100,2) | table Success_Percentage 

Labels (1)

renjith_nair
Legend

You may use addinfo to get the current search window

earliest = -24h index=error_log 
| addinfo
| eventstats count as Success_Count by "Properties.QueryName" 
| eval divider=round((info_max_time-info_min_time)/300,0)|fields - info*
| eval Success_Percentage=round(Success_Count/divider*100,2) | table Success_Percentage 

If you want exact 288 for 24 hours, you need to use snap to hour for latest time. i.e. if the search is executed at 10:15, value of divider would be 291 including extra 15 mins of the hour

Reference : https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SCS/current/Search/Timemodifiers

Happy Splunking!
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...