Splunk Cloud Platform

Cloud Monitoring Console - Rebuild forwarder assets

Tiny_Trex
Engager

When going to CMC -> Forwarders -> Forwarders: deployment, I see that we have 19k+ forwarders, which is completely inaccurate. We have more like 900. It shows 18k+ as missing, and the list has instances decommissioned years ago. 

I thought I could fix this by telling it to rebuild the forwarder assets via the button under VMC -> Forwarders -> Forwarder monitor setup, but when I click on this, it processes for about a minute, and then nothing changes.

The description makes me think it is supposed to clear out the sim_forwarder_assets.csv lookup and rebuild it using only data it sees within the time frame I selected (24 hours). If I open up the lookup, all the entries it had previously are still there. 

Am I misunderstanding how this works, or is something broken?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...