Splunk Cloud Platform

Adding logs containing specific text to the panel in splunk dashboard

Jameskotch96
Explorer

I have a dashboard for my application. And in that dashboard, I have an empty panel created, to add the logs of that application when a certain exception occurs. So for that I have added a log.info object with some unique text in it. How do I configure the empty panel on the dashboard so that those specific logs containing unique text should be displayed in the panel for now on.

0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming your dropdown token name is "environment", try this

env=$environment$ `app_logs(application_name)` "my unique text"

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In your panel, define a table with a search query that finds the events with your specific text in.

0 Karma

Jameskotch96
Explorer

Hello @ITWhisperer I'm completely new to splunk, could you please be more specific about the query that I need to use?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Start with the search app - what search do you use to find the events you are interested in - for example

index=<your index> "string you want to find"
0 Karma

Jameskotch96
Explorer

@ITWhisperer I have a list of environments in a drop-down, so whenever I select a different environment, I should get the logs of that environment in that panel. How do I configure that

Right now my configuration is as follows:

env=dev `app_logs(application_name)` "my unique text"

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming your dropdown token name is "environment", try this

env=$environment$ `app_logs(application_name)` "my unique text"
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Let’s Talk Terraform

If you’re beyond the first-weeks-of-a-startup stage, chances are your application’s architecture is pretty ...

Cloud Platform | Customer Change Announcement: Email Notification is Available For ...

The Notification Team is migrating our email service provider. As the rollout progresses, Splunk has enabled ...

Save the Date: GovSummit Returns Wednesday, December 11th!

Hey there, Splunk Community! Exciting news: Splunk’s GovSummit 2024 is returning to Washington, D.C. on ...