Security

cisco security suite setup bug?

djhoskins
Engager

I have recently set up CIsco Security suite and I'm confused as to what happened in the setup. I have an ASA firewall sending data to splunk. During the setup, it asked which type of firewall logs were being used, I selected ASA (triple checked). I see that I have files coming in from the ASA (using the search app) but are not coming in on the dashboard. When I hover over the yellow ! I see that it is looking for eventtype: cisco_esa_authentication, esa_email and esa_proxy. Did I miss a step? It seemed pretty straight forward. I do not have the esa add-on installed, but do have the asa add-on installed. Should I change the eventtype in /apps/Splunk_ciscoSecuritySuite/default/eventtypes.conf? I see the eventtype of my incoming data is cisco_connection, perhaps that is something I need to look in to as well. Please advise.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Which dashboard you are looking for ASA data?

0 Karma

djhoskins
Engager

I was using the overview dashboard. After I posted this, I realized I should've been more clear. I like the look and feel of the overview dashboard. I can see the network security/firewall event search dashboard be populated.

For example, I see the search strings used in the map. How would I get the ASA firewall data to the overview portion? Cisco-security-events is the eventtype the map is looking for. Am I looking for a way that the eventtype is changed or am I needing to change what eventtype the map is looking for?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...