Security

changing Indexer receiver port

Rajshekhar

We have indexer installed on windows server which is connected to many forwarders(linux servers).
Right now we are using port 9997 as receiver port in Indexer server, we have lots of data in indexer.

Now we need to change the receiver port from existing 9997 to some other port.

1)after changing the port in Splunk indexer, will I be able to search all the past data which was indexed using port 9997?

2)Will I get latest data using new port without any issues?

3)Are there any special modifications we need to do for this to work properly?
Please let me know how I can change the port without causing any issues in existing data.

Thanks|

Tags (2)
0 Karma

Takajian
Builder

I answer your question inline as bellow.

1)after changing the port in Splunk indexer, will I be able to search all the past data which was indexed using port 9997?

Yes. The past data is already stored in index server, you can search them without problem.

2)Will I get latest data using new port without any issues?
Yes, you can get data with new port. But you need to change configuration of all forwarders. If you use deployment server, you can deploy new configuration to all forwarder easily. If not, you need to change them manually.

3)Are there any special modifications we need to do for this to work properly?
Please let me know how I can change the port without causing any issues in existing data.

It does not affect existing data. Most problem I think is to change configuration of all forwarders.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...