Security

Why am I getting "Permission denied for attachment" in Gmail when using the Splunk Mobile App (Android) to share a report as an attachment?

giorgio_adami_m
Path Finder

Using the Splunk Mobile App (for Android), when I try to share a report via Gmail (send it as attachment), in Gmail I have the following message: "Permission denied for the attachment".
Maybe it is a Gmail issue, but any suggestion to solve the problem is much appreciated.

0 Karma

grijhwani
Motivator

A Google search on your error message for more appropriate sites where this issue has already been addressed reveals that it appears to be a local file access permission interfering with the GMail apps ability to obtain the attachment.

The very first discussion I found (here) seems to suggest it might be a bug in the mobile interface, in its calls to GMail. I don't know, absolutely, because I don't use the mobile app, but it appears to warrant more investigation. Raise it as a bug report, perhaps?

0 Karma

giorgio_adami_m
Path Finder

Thank you grijhwani,
I have googled before ask here the question. I was looking for someone that has already experienced this issue and, maybe, found a workaround...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...