Security

When I am try to manually associate an Active Directory group to a role manually, why am I getting error "The read operation timed out"?

reddyl

I have created an index for a non production server. I am trying to associate a newly created Active Directory group to a role name in the search head as it was not reflected automatically when tried to add it manually by selecting the role and moving to the right side block. If I save this, I am getting an error like described below.

Encountered the following error while trying to update: Splunkd daemon is not responding: (u"*Error connecting to /servicesNS/-/launcher/admin/LDAP-groups/Adobe_LDAP%2CEAPSSPLUNK_WEBPS_ADC: ('The read operation timed out',)

What is this error? Where have I gone wrong?

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

The following speaks about the The read operation timed out error -
Splunkd daemon is not responding: ('The read operation timed out',)

We changed /opt/splunk/etc/system/local/web.conf -

# Number of seconds to wait before timing out when communicating with splunkd = 5 min
splunkdConnectionTimeout = 300
0 Karma

gfreitas
Builder

Is the LDAP connection working properly?

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you please share what is in `index=_internal log_level=error OR log_level=warn ldap'?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...