Security

Tag permissions: Anyway to batch update permissions?

billford
Path Finder

Have a bunch of private tags and want to make them public, anyway to do that with a batch job? Basically just take all the private ones and make them public, without having to edit them one by one. Probably a really simple question but its escaping my primitive brain at this point. Thanks in advance.

Ricapar
Communicator

@billford: I agree. That is hardly an acceptable answer.

A colleague of mine just tagged about 200+ servers only to realize that they're all permissioned just to his ID, and that the only way to move them via the GUI is to manually do each tag/host pair one by one.

What Splunk really needs is a way to batch permissions for every type of object, not just tags.

0 Karma

billford
Path Finder

The answer I got from support was to basically script the changes in tags.conf which is fine but not sure that's optimal.

0 Karma

moonlit
Engager

I'd like an answer to this as well, I have a large number of hosts tagged and for every change I make as admin, I have to manually re-grant permission to users, otherwise the fixed searches I've given them doesn't work.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...