Security

Splunk Cloud- How do I run rest dispatch_rest_to_indexers?

KeithH
Path Finder

Hi.

I am trying to run this in splunk cloud:

|rest /services/search/jobs|search isRealTimeSearch=1

But getting this:

Restricting results of the "rest" operator to the local instance because you do not have the "dispatch_rest_to_indexers" capability

I have looked at users and roles and that capability is not in the list to choose.  It is in theSplunk Cloud documentation but simply isnt there to select.

Any ideas why?

Thanks, Keith

Labels (1)
0 Karma

faRRe
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can include in your searches splunk_server=local this will let you retrieve the information from the indexes without the need for the dispatch_rest_to_indexers since this capability is not added to the Cloud users due to security purposes.

0 Karma

Keith_wgtn
Explorer

Thanks - I have logged a case with Splunk.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

KeithH
Path Finder

Hi Somesoni2 - thanks for the reply.

I had seen the post you referred to and re-read it again but it doesnt helpe becuase:

1) the capability is not in the list to select when editing a role - see screenshot below

2) I cant edit the authorize.conf because I am running Splunk Cloud which means I cant access the folders on the server.

Any other suggestions????

Thanks, Keith

KeithH_0-1635464986846.png

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I believe its a known bug. I would contact Splunk support to confirm the same. See the bottom thread of this post: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Monitoring-Splunk/Warnings-on-Splunk-TCP-Port-Closures-Splunk-Cloud/...

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...