Security

SPLUNK URL Authentication issue

danura

Hi,

I have a requirement to add a link to SPLUNK dashboard to call a CGI script. But I need to have some authentication mechanism to protect outsiders access from that URL.

eg: I am calling this CGI url from my SPLUNK dash board.
http://localhost/myscript.cgi?username=xxxxxx&pass=yyyyyyy

here username and passwords are encrypted values. But I need to stop this CGI script if someone copy and paste this URL in a browser. Can you suggest a better way to implement this requirement ?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Depending on how exactly you are using this, you could build it into a custom search command. Let's say you create the command "fetchcgidata", and this command points to a Python script that exists on the indexer. You could put the CGI credentials into that script and then call it from your dashboard. The script will run on the indexer, fetch data from the CGI and return it in some way you prefer. Because the client only sees the custom search command being called, the credentials are hidden from the client.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...