Security

Pass login id to query

james_j_taylor
Explorer

I am looking for the simplest way to pass the login name to a variable in a query. I want the $formMgrVZID$ to be the id that was used to login to splunk.

This query has the variables (SformMgrVZID$)

Index=”hrxref_data” sourcetype="HR_XREF" earliest=-45d (VZID="$formMgrVZID$" OR LVL1_VZID="$formMgrVZID$") | eval sk=if(VZID="$formMgrVZID$", "1", "2") | table sk, EMP_NAME, JOB_DESC, VZID, NT_USER_ID, SignonID | sort sk

Tags (2)
0 Karma

james_j_taylor
Explorer

This app worked great. I havent been able to send the value from whoami to a variable and need to keep repeating the code but the app worked well.

index="hrxref_data" sourcetype="HR_XREF" ([| whoami fieldname=MOID | fields MOID] OR [| whoami fieldname=LVL1_MOID | fields LVL1_MOID]) | eval sk=if([| whoami fieldname=MOID | fields MOID], "1", "2") | table sk, EMP_NAME, JOB_DESC, LOC_DESC, MOID, NT_USER_ID, SignonID | sort sk

it seems like I should be able to send the WHOAMI value to a variable and just use that.. Any insight would be great.

0 Karma

james_j_taylor
Explorer

The App worked great if I enter it in the standard search but I am struggling to integrate it into my search string. The documentation is a little light.

sourcetype="HR_XREF" earliest=-45d (VZID=[|whoami fieldname=user|fields user] OR LVL1_VZID=[|whoami fieldname=user|fields user])| eval sk=if(VZID=[|whoami fieldname=user|fields user], "1", "2")

| table sk, EMP_NAME, JOB_DESC, VZID, NT_USER_ID, SignonID | sort sk

0 Karma

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You might want to check out the whoami app:

http://apps.splunk.com/app/915

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...