Security

Learning about certificates in appsCA.pem

dc17
Explorer

HI, 

I am trying to learn more about the certificates found within the document /etc/auth/appsCA.pem .

I'm referring to Splunk's default certificates, Global Sign Root CA, Global Sign ECC, DigiCert Global Root, ISRG Root, IdenTrust Commercial Root.

Are they safe? After changing the certificate configuration with my self-signed certificates and merging the CA Splunk certificates to make Splunkbase work properly ( This case here ), I wondered if they are all necessary for Splunk to work successfully or only some of them.
Is there a documentation page or can someone explain the use of each of the certificates?

Thanks in advance, 

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...